Error Message: The DisplayIndex property of a DataGridViewColumn must be smaller than the number of columns. Parameter name: DisplayIndex Actual value was 2.
Symptoms: When running Windows 2000/XP with Data Workbench 9.7.41 and going into the Template Browser, you get the System Message "The DisplayIndex property of a DataGridViewColumn must be smaller than the number of columns. Parameter name: DisplayIndex Actual value was 2.".
Cause: This issue is caused by a problem in .NET Framework versions prior to .NET Framework 2.0 SP2.
Resolution: Once .NET Framwork 2.0 SP2 has been installed, the template browser will load correctly. To install .NET Framwork 2.0 SP2, go to the link below:
1. Scroll down to the "Files in this Download" section.
2. Click the "Download" button for the file most appropriate for you.
3. Save the file to a specified location on your computer.
4. Navigate to the location that you save the setup file.
5. Double click the file to run the setup for .NET Framewrok 2.0 SP2
6. Follow the setup instructions until the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 installation is complete.
Once the Installation is complete, the Template Browser section should load correctly without the error.