The default User's Guide is located on a central server (https://sdwhelp.syniti.com/101/UsersGuide/Roadmap.htm) and you therefore need internet access to open the help from inside Data Workbench. If you are working in an environment without internet access, you can request a zip file containing the User's Guide from the support team by submitting a request here in the Help Center.
To install the User's Guide help topics locally:
- Download the zip file containing the guide.
- Open it in a Windows File Explorer.
- Drag and drop the UsersGuide folder into the Data Workbench installation folder (Default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Syniti\DataWorkbench).
- Start Data Workbench.
- Open the User Preferences from the icon at the top of the Data Workbench window.
- Check the Use Local Help option.
- Click OK to save your change.
You can also download a PDF version of the User's Guide.