Data Workbench 10.0 includes a feature to download data from SAP by building a query. This feature is not enabled automatically when upgrading to 10.0, but is available to all customers with current annual maintenance. To obtain the download capability:
- Open a support ticket to request the download feature. You can open a ticket by signing in at support.quadrate.com and then clicking the 'Submit a Request' button in the header. Your Data Workbench license will be updated to complete the request:
- For floating licenses, Syniti Licensing will add Business User Plus and/or Professional User Plus pools which include the download feature.
- For fixed licenses, Syniti Licensing will convert the license(s) to Business User Plus and/or Professional User Plus licenses.
- After Syniti Licensing informs you that your license has been updated to enable the download feature, continue with the following steps.
- Using the Data Workbench Configuration & Diagnostic Utility (available from the Windows Start menu under Syniti Data Workbench), activate your license.
- NOTE: After activating your license, floating users will not be able to log in until the pool has been changed.
- Start Data Workbench.
If using a fixed license, the download feature should be enabled at this point. You can check using the Permissions tab for the user on the Administration page, Manage User/Group.
- For floating licenses, continue with the following steps
- log in as Administrator.
- On the Administration page, choose Manage User/Group.
- Select a floating user to upgrade.
- On the User Details tab, in the Concurrent Pool field, select the new pool (Business Plus, Professional Plus.)
- Click Save.
- Go to the Permissions tab for the user.
- Confirm that the Enable Queries option is checked.
- Adjust the permissions for queries as needed.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 4-9 for each user.